Monday, February 06, 2006

the most irritating

I haven't posted in a while. I just haven't felt the motivation to. But after a long hiatus, I am back! Anyway, Friday afternoon I saw some almost-crappy movies. They weren't completely terrible, but they weren't all that great either. The first of these was Jersey Girl. Yeah, I know, I know. That's definitely a "why would you think to waste your life away watching that?" movie. But Kevin Smith, so I watched. And it left me with a desire to write...

The Most Irritating Celebrities List
(I'm starting it, Jenn feel free to add on to it both with comments and suggestions)
(in no particular order)
1. Ben Affleck -- Ohmigoodness. To think he was my celebrity crush after Good Will Hunting. Anyway, I've decided that this man is not a very good actor, and he has a dorkiness-trying-to-be-cool aspect of him that is simply, well, irritating. He was the inspiration for this list. (Jenn: I liked him in Chasing Amy but otherwise I agree that he sucks.)
2. Barbara Streisand -- I feel incredibly mean, but she just looks irritating. I adore Robert Redford. I think that for an old man he is quite sexy and in his prime he was even sexier. So what does he have to do with her? Well I tried watching their film 'Til There Was You, and even Robert Redford's sexiness did not help me to get to the end of this film. Her nose (sorry, I feel terrible. It's people like me that lead to celebrity nose jobs) is just BLECH!
3. Julia Stiles -- This lady cannot act. Ohmigosh she is such a stilted actress. Not just in speech, but also in movement, facial expressions, etc. The best example of this can be seen in Mona Lisa Smile where she gives her speech about "fah-mil-li." Oy. Not a fan.
4. Rory Gilmore -- This is not so much an attack on Alexis Bledel as it is an attack on the character she places in Gilmore Girls. I HATE HATE HATE Rory. And as I'm sure our readers are familiar with, so does Jenn. Why do they need to make her so damn PERFECT? Perhaps I'm just jealous. :-)
5. Ryan Seacrest -- At the core of it, he's just got a crappy job. Or maybe he just does a crappy job of MCing American Idol. But lordy, this man needs to get off tv. Actually, there is one role on tv that I think would be perfectly suited for him. Take over for the Wheel of Fortune man. (Jenn: Yeah, he's irritating but dude's a mogul. He has American Idol, two radio shows, a contract with E!, and is taking over Dick Clark's New Year's Eve show. )
6. Tom Green -- He's simply not funny to me in any way.
7. Kevin Federline -- omg.
8. Jessica Simpson -- SHE should've married K-Fed.

There are for sure more celebs I'd want on this list, but these are all I could come up with off the top of my head. :-)

(Jenn's adds)
9. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise -- No elaboration needed. They've toned it down as of late but they're still pretty gross.
10. Dakota Fanning -- I've mentioned her before, but seriously, can you get any more annoyingly precocious?
11. Michelle Kwan -- Haha I may be alone in this but I can't stand her. I was a fan back in the day, when she should have won the Olympic gold in '98 over Tara Lipinski, but she's stuck around WAY too long and watching her same old boring style year after year after year just makes me want to heave. I almost want her to win in Torino just so she'll just GO AWAY.

2 comments:

mira said...

omg SUPER ditto on Dakota Fanning. But I must add alongside her, Haley Joel Osment. I think those two should get married and go live in a cave together.

mira said...

omg SUPER ditto on Dakota Fanning. But I must add alongside her, Haley Joel Osment. I think those two should get married and go live in a cave together.