Monday, January 16, 2006

things I look forward to

My favorite things on the Internet:

- The TVGuide Podcast. This is the perfect podcast: people who love TV talking about TV and interviewing people from TV. The hosts are all editors who work at tvguide.com and they're always super funny. Seriously, working for TVGuide is still my dream job. Of course I have no chance in hell of ever getting to do that, so this blog is probably as close as I'm ever going to get to that dream. =(

- Also on TVGuide, Ask Ausiello and Matt Roush's columns. The former is a weekly Q and A with plenty of news and scoop and funny tidbits from Michael Ausiello, who also does the podcast, and the latter is a collection of intelligent reviews and responses to reader questions (one of mine once!) from Matt Roush, TVGuide head TV critic. Is it obvious yet that I love TVGuide? The new, larger print magazine is also pretty awesome and I am seriously considering getting a subscription.

- Jenna Fischer's posts on her myspace. She plays Pam on the Office and created a myspace for her character. The blog posts are all her though, where she gives little behind the scenes snippets from each week's episode. She was on the TVGuide podcast a couple of months ago and she was so funny and sweet and it really seems like she's as big a fan of the show as the viewers. Some of the other characters/actors on the show have myspace sites as well but most don't post as often as Jenna. It's so cute that the actors are all friends in real life!

- Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica Podcast. Did you know Ron Moore is a Cornell alum? He was also the co-executive producer of and wrote a bunch of episodes for Roswell, including the series finale. It's interesting, I really loved Roswell but some of the second and most of the third were mostly crap. Battlestar hasn't shown any signs of sucking yet so hopefully it won't. Ron Moore's commentaries are really interesting though because they shed a lot of light on the story developing and writing and filming and editing processes.

- Almost forgot, my favorite internet radio station: Indie Pop Rocks on SomaFM. I used to listen to it during college whenever I was bored with my own music and now I listen to it at work. This is how I'm discovering new music nowadays. =)

2 comments:

mira said...

that was a 5 list. seriously. it was! just in disguise!

Jennifer said...

Haha completely unintended! Actually I originally had 4 but then I added the 5th the next day because evidently I must make lists with 5 items...