Tuesday, January 10, 2006

midseason thoughts

I have to admit that this fall I was getting slightly discouraged with TV in general. I was really loving Veronica Mars and the Office but elsewhere things just weren't holding my interest as much. Gilmore Girls was still more aggravating than not, the OC was consistently inconsistent, Arrested Development had Charlize Theron as an extended guest who I couldn't stand (and then it got cancelled), Alias continued to be shaky, and I started a new viewing pattern with Lost (a handful episodes at one time, which was great but not quite the weekly enjoyment I usually associate with TV). But at midseason, I have to say that my outlook has improved immensely, due to the following:

1. Battlestar Galactica: I finally caught up and I watched Friday's new episode on schedule. This show is INCREDIBLE. See my previous post on this unbelievably awesome show. Don't let the title throw you off, this is one of the best dramas on TV, hands down.

2. 24 returns next week! For some reason, this is the one show that can do as much crazy stuff as it wants and still leaves me hooked. Although I do have to say, DON'T MESS WITH TONY AND MICHELLE. There are some rumors flying around that I am really not happy with. I mean, I've kind of been terrified of either or both of them dying since season 2 but if it happens now (after I've gotten all invested in them and they've escaped multiple life-or-death situations) I will be PISSED and the writers will have to perform a miracle to keep me happy.

3. Project Runway on Bravo. Haha, I know that I'm way too susceptible to getting hooked on reality shows, which is partly why I didn't start to watch this show sooner despite the good things I'd heard about it. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Bravo did a marathon on New Year's Eve and yeah, I got hooked. Again, as with America's Top Model I'm not really interested in fashion but the show is just so interesting because the contestants are actually doing something every week, not just competing in random tasks that probably don't mean anything to them (i.e. selling lemonade on the Apprentice). My favorites so far are Nick and Chloe. Santino needs to be booted even though he is a good designer most of the time and he does make for better television.

4. Scrubs is back! I love that it's just so goofy. Probably the only medical show I'll ever watch, haha.

1 comment:

mira said...

Yaaaaay for Project Runway! I super want to buy the latest winning design. In the Banana Republic spring line!!!