Monday, January 09, 2006

3 movies, 3 days -- a late post

Over Christmas break, I went out and saw 3 movies in 3 days. So here are some brief words on them

Dec 26 -- King Kong -- w/the family
I went in expecting this to suck, and as a result I was pleasantly surprised about it. I love how the movie stayed true to the original era -- New York City in the 1920's-30's? It was so beautiful in that aspect. I didn't like the fact that the movie was so darn long -- 3 hours long. And it took King Kong 1.5 hours to appear in the movie. Geesh. The dinosaurs and the huuuuuuuge insects and the huuuuuge spiders and leeches and all that gross stuff -- YUCK. But the actors, King Kong, the cinematography, etc -- Awesome.

Dec 27 -- Fun with Dick & Jane -- w/family friends
This movie I knew very little about other than Jim Carrey was in it. But it was fun, fun, fun! Fun style, fun storyline, fun acting. I enjoyed it.

Dec 28 -- Yours, Mine, & Ours -- w/my 9-year-old cousin
So I really wanted to watch Cheaper by the Dozen 2 but guess what? She watched it without me! *sigh* So we settled on this, a movie I once again knew nothing about. The deal was if the movie sucked, my little cousin was going to pay for it. Hahaha, turns out I ended up paying for it. It was SOOOO much fun. Seriously, I love kids movies, and I think they are by far way underrated. This was a crazy fun cast headed by Renee Russo and Dennis Quaid, the kids were a great rowdy bunch, and I looooooove kids movies!

No comments: