Friday, January 13, 2006

music I've been listening to lately

I haven't done a top 5 list in awhile and I'm not sure if I'll be picking them up again, but here's a list of some of my current favorites:

1. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day. One of the saddest and most beautiful and honest songs I've ever heard. What I love about it is that yeah, it probably qualifies as a Christian song but it's about the real struggles and doubts that Christians can have and he doesn't try to offer any answers that he doesn't have.
2. We Are Scientists - This Scene is Dead. Really upbeat and peppy.
3. Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline). I really haven't a clue what this title means and I haven't really paid attention to the lyrics either, but I still really like this song. Kicking myself for not going to go see them when they played a Fanclub Collective Show at Cornell my junior year.
4. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees. Every so often I get obsessed with this song all over again.
5. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy, Jr. It's strange, last year I couldn't really get into Sufjan Stevens even though he'd gotten so much critical buzz. And I'm still not completely sure about him but there are a few songs that I just really really love. This is another one of them.

No comments: