Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: retitling

M: Top three worst titles for a movie/tv show...

Mira:
1. I Am Number Four - I (may have been one of few people who) thought that the concept of this movie was interesting, but almost chose not to watch it because of the title alone.
2. Taken/Wanted/Hostage/Any of those super, duper unmemorable one worded titles that all sound like they could be the same movie.
3. Secret Life of the American Teenager - That, and I hate the show. I think it's ridiculous and I think it's even more ridiculous that it's done well enough to go on for seasons and seasons.

Jennifer:
1. $h*! My Dad Says - Never watched it but I mean, really??
2. Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - It just sounds ridiculous. Another stupidly long kids' movie title: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. Haven't watched either of these.
3. Source Code: I actually saw this Jake Gyllenhaal movie and it was decent, if forgettable, but the title makes absolutely no sense. As a programmer I was kind of irked.

2 comments:

burkie said...

hmmm...difficult! i almost had to resort to Googling this.

1) any title that has a word that substitutes a letter with a number, such as "SE7EN" or "NUMB3RS" or "GR8 Expectations" (i don't know if that one really exists but, if it does, i hate it)

2) 10 Things I Hate About You - not a bad movie (it's based on a shakespeare play, so it can't be all bad) but what a cop-out title. i guess it could've been worse (10 Things I H8 About U)

3) How I Met Your Mother - maybe this isn't fair for me to list since i've never seen the show. i understand that the mother is never been in the show, so i really don't get it. so, if it's not fair for me to list, then my backup will be "V." talk about giving up on a title!

Fanny said...

1. Any lifetime channel movie title

2. Gigli - Saw the trailer, glad I never watched the movie.

3. Deep Blue Sea - mostly because every single time I see it, all I can think about is the song of the same name that LL Cool J sings for the movie.