Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Talk Week 20

J: Which actors do you want to see return to TV or get their own TV shows?


Jennifer: I think Sarah Michelle Gellar needs to come back to TV. Her movie career hasn't really taken off but I think she could totally be great again with the right series. I also think Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica) should get her own show. I didn't watch this season of 24 but I doubt it was a good use of her talents.

Mira: This is hard!!! But I'll pick Jason Behr for eye candy. Though I guess he wouldn't make for an interesting character really in any way. Well he can be the pretty boy in a show starring... Ooh! The Wonderfalls girl, Caroline Dhavernas. I really liked her in that she was so normal seeming and really likeable as Jaye in the show. And I want more shows with female leads who don't have to be crazy or slutty or bitchy or klutzy to be interesting. Just normal! :)

4 comments:

K said...

Caroline Dhavernas was in the last episode of "The Pacific"! I took me a couple of minutes to figure out that it was her.

burkie said...

the wonderfalls girl is a great answer! smg is, too (although my spousal unit is a huge fan of her movie, "Simply Irrestible," though). this is a difficult question because it would still have to be a good show for me to want to watch them. therefore, i'm gonna pick Fyvush Finkel. he played the old jewish lawyer in "Picket Fences" and the old jewish history teacher in "Boston Public." they were essentially the same character, but he's such a good character, and i'd be happy to see him again. tom skerritt from "Picket Fences" is another actor i'd like to see on TV again, too. that was such a great show.

Jennifer said...

I love Caroline Dhavernas but she's actually in the new Shonda Rhimes medical drama Off the Map that was picked up by ABC for midseason. I'll probably check it out but since I don't like Grey's or Private Practice or medical shows in general I can't help but be a little disappointed...

mira said...

and i love shonda rhimes' other stuff, so i'll obviously be watching it. plus the hot male actor that bailey started dating in grey's is going to be in off the map, too. :)