Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gilmore Girls - why do I still care?

It seems like it's been forever since the last episode of Gilmore Girls and truthfully I'm finding it hard to care, especially with rumors flying around that there will be a (shortened) eighth season. WHY??? This season is the perfect time to end things right and prevent the writers from having a chance to mess things up all over again.

Anyway, there was nothing really WRONG with last night's episode. I was trying to care about Rory and her job interview stuff because I can relate to that process, but was there really any doubt that it was going to go really well and that she was going to get the job? And I mean, in general, is there really any doubt that Rory's going to end up with an irritatingly perfect career? It's just not interesting. I did like the Logan and Lorelai stuff, but some spoilers I've read about upcoming events make me not really care too much about that either. As for Luke and Lorelai's apologies...I'm relieved that they're finally ramping this up, but part of me is still bitter that it had to come to this at all.

There were some good things. Paris was awesome, as usual. And surprisingly, I liked Taylor for maybe the first time ever. It was pretty great that his crazy idea ended up being fantastic. Also liked that they revealed the names of Lane and Zack's twins (Kwon and Steve, hopefully we'll get the story behind those), and Logan putting on his pants and shirt and socks just to go out to the kitchen to get water was pretty hilarious.

I know, I'm being a cranky customer. But really, this is nothing compared to the rage I'll be feeling if the show gets renewed for another season...

No comments: