Wednesday, April 18, 2007

American Idol country week recap

I'm not a fan of country music in the least, so I hadn't really been looking forward to last night's American Idol. I mean, I'd heard of Martina McBride, sure, but before the show I couldn't name a single song by her. Anyway, the night really wasn't that bad. There were even a few surprises, starting off with Phil. That guy really is a vampire, because he totally rose from the dead of his last two performances and I was almost moved to vote for him. (I did try a couple of times but the lines were all busy and I didn't have enough patience to keep trying.) I'm not sure why neither I nor the judges realized before this that country is his thing. He's still not going to win this, but I was pleasantly surprised. Jordin stepped it up and she'll definitely be sticking around. Sanjaya sucked. Really a bizarre song choice. I have no idea if the judges' negative comments will help or hurt him, but once again I can't see him getting voted off this week. Lakisha had a bad week. Bizarre song choice here too. She might be in danger. Chris, just no. No, no, no, no, NO. Every other week he sort of starts to grow on me but then he keeps putting himself back on my shit list. Go home, Chris. GO HOME. Melinda finally looks and sounds YOUNG! Blake was sort of out of tune and was kind of drowned out by the band but I still like him and I'm sure he's safe.

No comments: