Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the slacker's turn to write (finally)

I've been slacking on my side of posts, I know. But then again Jenn forgot to do a weekly Top 5 last week. So ha! I'm not the only slacker. Not that I should really be speaking since she's posted the last 50135123 posts. :-D So I'll do a much overdo post....

--Lord of War-- (in theater)
After the back and forth play-arguing of watching this vs. watching Just Like Heaven, I gave in to watching a non-girly movie (I felt a little bad, because I mean it did look like the ultimate girly movie ever). In any case, I went in not knowing ANYTHING about the movie other than Nicholas Cage was in it, and it was gonna be kinda serious. I came out impressed by the underlying political commentary within the movie. I always think that I'm not much of a Nicholas Cage fan, cuz there's something so strange about him, but I quite frequently am impressed by his performances in movies. And this one was no different. There were a few scenes that were a little too gory for my tastes, a little too graphic, but then again any scene with gun shots or blood = too gory or too graphic. So, yeah.... I enjoyed.

--A Lot Like Love-- (on the plane)
You know, I wanted to see this movie when it was in theaters. I thought it looked cute. But not really enough to pay to see. But now I've seen it, I want to BUY the DVD!!! I don't know. I like the whole idea that the one is not only out there for you, but could quite possibly be someone you've already met. I liked watching how Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher's characters developed over the 7 year period this movie takes place. I don't know, it was really cute and it made me really happy!

--Marrying the Mafia 2-- (Korean movie)
My first movie in a Korean movie theater! Okay, first off the snack bar is called the "Sweet bar." Second off, EVERYTHING in Korea is couple stuff, so yeah they have couple combos! BAH! What if you don't got your other half!? What if you don't got an other half?! Fourth off, to buy tickets, you gotta get a number, and wait around for however long until your number is called up to the register. Kinda like at the DMV when you're waiting for your license. Or at the Social Security Office. Or at the deli... Fourth off, you get ASSIGNED SEATS! Actually, I found that pretty cool. Because we got good assigned seats since we bought our tickets early enough. So that means you don't need to worry about getting to the movie early to get seats together or anything. But that also means you could get stuck with really crappy seats if you don't purchase early enough. Now enough about the movie going experience. Onto the movie. Actually since this is a Korean movie and all, and it's still in theaters, I don't have too much to say. But it was REALLY REALLY funny. Like there were some scenes where you're just sitting there thinking, this is a bit stupid, this is a bit too much. But then it was funny anyway inspite or because of that! Anyway, I really enjoyed this movie. If you've ever had a desire to watch a Korean action-comedy, this is a good one to watch!

And that is all for tonight. :-)

No comments: