Friday, October 07, 2005

my top 5 fandom moments

Since it's my birthday today (I'm 22!) I thought I'd do a more personal list as well. I used to be pretty involved in a few online TV fandoms and these are some funny things that I did or happened to me as a result of them. They're sort of like testaments to my obsessiveness...

1. I get a bootleg copy of Graduation Day Part 2 (also Buffy the Vampire Slayer) mailed to me on VHS from Canada after the WB decided to pull their airing of it due to Columbine.
2. I write a fan letter to Shiri Appleby of Roswell and actually receive an autographed picture in the mail. I also write a fan letter and receive an autographed picture of Chad Michael Murray who was on Gilmore Girls at the time.
3. Seth Green (Oz on Buffy the Vampire Slayer) wishes me a happy birthday on the posting board.
4. I actually spend $25 on a Roswell fanzine of fanfic and art.
5. I actually write a piece of Roswell fanfic and submit it to a well-known fanfic site. (You can still check it out here).

I laugh at this stuff now, but I know that I didn't really go as far as a lot of other fans. Since I was still in high school I couldn't go to any of the fan parties (all in LA) or meet any cast members or anything like that but at the time I really really wished I could have so I think I still qualified as obsessed. Haha, fun times.

1 comment:

mira said...

HAPPy birthday!

and, aww, Seth Green. I remember when we were in loooove with him...