Thursday, March 29, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 13

Jennifer:
Watching... Mad Men returned this week after a very long hiatus. This show is a bit weird for me -- I think it's excellent and one of the best shows on TV right now, but at the same time, I sometimes find it a bit of chore to watch because it can be very deliberately slow and there's always this lurking sinister feeling in the background for me. Oddly enough the show can actually be really funny too though. Bonus: Game of Thrones returns this Sunday!
Listening... The Flaming Lips with Bon Iver - Ashes in the Air. Interesting collaboration, described by Vulture as a "razzle-dazzle, chillwave-inspired death march." Love it.
Reading... I got 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami back from the library! I'm going to finish it this time!

Mira:
Watching... I saw Hunger Games as promised!  Not going to write a review until Jenn watches (tomorrow).  But I was satisfied. :)
Listening... A couple of pop songs: "Glad You Came" by The Wanted. "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars.
Reading... Nothing, but want to reread Hunger Games  as soon as I get a chance. Realize that I haven't read it again since I blew through all three books 2.5 years ago. Now that I don't have the movie to anticipate, I can reread and not be disappointed.

1 comment:

burkie said...

watching...season two of Fairly Legal.
listening to...lyle lovett's latest CD "Release Me."
reading...started a book called Swamplandia! by karen russell, about a 13-year old girl whose family owns an alligator wrestling theme park in the everglades.