Thursday, March 15, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 11

Jennifer:
Watching... Community is back tonight, yay!
Listening... I find it interesting that this band fun. (yes, the period is in their band name) is all over the place with We Are Young. I thought that they sounded familiar and it's because the lead singer used to be with the Format, a band that I was into back in college. Their song The First Single is still one of my favorites.
Reading... The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I guess it's only natural that authors wrote characters that are English major types because they were probably English major types themselves but I generally find the way these characters think to be rather foreign.

Mira:
I'm back!
Watching... GCB (Good Christian Bitches/Belles).  So far this show is entertaining enough; its craziness kind of reminds me of Desperate Housewives.  I am having major issues resolving the fact that Leslie Bibb's character and Kristen Chenoweth's character are supposed to have been in high school together, meaning the characters are the same age?!
Listening... There's this song that I've heard a couple of times on the radio and though I'm confused by the topic of the song, it's rather catchy: Young the Giant's "Cough Syrup."
Reading... I've been gone for 3+ weeks, and I actually read a book off my shelf! (Resolutions 2012!) The Piano Teacher by Janice YK Lee. It's a book about Hong Kong during WWII, after the Japanese invaded, as represented by one couple during the war and another couple 10 years later. Was a really easy read and a very interesting story.

2 comments:

burkie said...

watching...the season premier of Fairly Legal, a show that mira & i enjoyed last year on USA.
listening/reading...new book on cd No Mark Upon Her, the latest in deborah crombie's Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James mystery series. a texan who writes British mysteries--gotta love that :)

mira said...

apparently the "cough syrup" song was used on the feb 21st episode of glee!