Thursday, March 22, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 12

Mira:
Watching... Catching up on Once Upon A Time and following all the crazy NFL off-season craziness. Peyton to Denver! Tebow to the Jets! Saints scandal! --- BUT, totally hoping that this time next week I can say that I saw The Hunger Games movie!!!
Listening... I feel like I'm jumping on a bandwagon, but this is a song that's started popping up on the radio that also has some really awesome cover versions of it. Original: Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know.  Covers: Walk The Earth (one group all on one single guitar! sooo awesome!), Pentatonix (acapella, and winner of last season of Sing Off), Ingrid Michaelson (hopefully she'll cover this when I see her in concert in May!).  Based on the newest preview for the next Glee episode, I believe they are singing it on Glee soon, too.
Reading... NOTHING.  All I have time to do these days is wedding stuff. So I am reading the RSVP spreadsheet and my knitting pattern.  I do want to re-read The Hunger Games, though. *After* the movie, though.

Jennifer:
Watching... Surprisingly Bent, a new midseason NBC sitcom with Amanda Peet, is getting some pretty good reviews, so I'm planning to check it out at some point.
Listening... I have two new young adult audiobooks on the queue: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher and Chime by Franny Billingsley.
Reading... Still plodding along with The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. This probably sounds weird, but I read while blow-drying my hair. So basically I only get in about 15 minutes of reading every day...

1 comment:

burkie said...

jenn, i think Bent also has Landry from FNL, right?

watching...In Plain Sight!
listening to...still listening to Deborah Crombie's "No Mark Upon Her" on CD.
reading...did you know the library carries graphic novels? i couldn't resist. i haven't read comic books in ages, but i picked up Batman: Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader? by neil gaiman :)