Too lazy to flesh out a real post, so here are just some bullets on my impressions based on the pilot episode...
- Like it already!
- Too many characters, what are their names?
- Not a huge Katherine McPhee fan, but this is a good outlet for her.
- Love, love, love the musical numbers -- a combination of existing songs and songs written for the musical. Proof that there can be musical theater on TV without exaggerated lip syncing. (Ahem, GLEE.)
- Where will they go past season 1? Create a different musical?
- Will they exploit potential success of the show and actually create a Broadway musical? The song numbers and storyline should already be ready to do so.
- There are a lot of very perfect and supportive significant other's (ie. Debra Messing's husband, Katherine McPhee's boyfriend) but it really looks like they're planning on messing with those relationships -- that already pisses me off! Is Katherine McPhee's character going to be one of those girls who just can't resist a guy with an accent?
- NBC is putting a lot into this show and the show itself is exciting to watch. I hope it doesn't disappoint!