Thursday, February 16, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 7

Jennifer:
Watching... Cougar Town is back! Despite it being from the creator of Scrubs, I never really expected to like this show, but it's definitely found its groove over the years and the cul-de-sac gang is one of my favorite casts on TV right now.
Listening... Sleigh Bells - Born to Lose. New album out next week!
Reading... 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Murakami's books are hard to describe...they often have elements of science fiction or fantasy and feel somewhat...dream-like? Surrealistic? I don't know, but it's very captivating. This is a massive novel though, and I was only able to finish the first half last year before I had to return it to the library. I was lucky enough to pick it up again this week and I haven't been able to put it down!

Mira:
Watching... I think the most captivating show for me this February has been Revenge.  We finally have caught up to where the season started -- the engagement party.  Hoping this show continues to draw me in, though sometimes the storylines get to be a bit much/annoying.
Listening... Adele's performance at the Grammys has renewed my respect for her. She makes singing look/sound so effortless!  I'm a little sad that she's taking supposedly a 4-5 year break from her music career...
Reading... Absolutely nothing.

[Posted on 17 February.  Apparently one or two reminders about Thursdays isn't enough to get me, Mira, to post! Sigh. Next week, Burkie has agreed to graciously join Jenn in checking in on Thursday cuz Mira's out of town.] 

1 comment:

burkie said...

watching: watched some movies over the past week. some noir movies that i got for christmas (Call Northside 777 with the great jimmy stewart, and Dangerous Crossing. both were good.) and, don't ask my why, Bridesmaids. i don't like guy movies like this, and i didn't like this, either.
listening: i really like the free song i got from iTunes this week, Sweet Sour by Band Of Skulls.
reading: The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights, by John Steinbeck. i've read it before, but grabbed it to read while sitting int he waiting room the other day. i love that stuff.