Thursday, January 26, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 4

Jennifer:
Watching... Catching up on Gossip Girl. I know, I know, I'm still watching this show? When they're rehashing the Blair/Chuck thing for the billionth time? Where no one seems to even be in college anymore and Nate, of all people, is the editor-in-chief of a magazine? What can I say, it's ridiculous but still generally entertaining...
Listening... Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out. Yes, it's a pop song!!
Reading... The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. My first time borrowing a Kindle book from the library! I can only have it for 14 days though, which is kind of a problem when you're reading 4 books at once like I am...


Mira:
Watching... anything and everything to get my DVR EMPTY.  This week is the series finale of Chuck, so I'll be finishing that show off.  I'm surprised that I stuck with it all the way through, especially since it was one of the shows we wouldn't watch every week but would play catch up halfway through the season. I have to say, I'm glad they're ending it and getting a nice cohesive ending (I hope) for the show, but they really have done a great job at mixing up the storylines while keeping pretty much the same cast of players throughout.  Maybe this deserves its own post. Maybe! :)
Listening... to random mix CDs from my college years.  One of my favorites had random songs like: "Can I Get Your Number" by No Authority (ridiculous song), "I'll Make a Man out of You" from the Mulan soundtrack, "Life in Mono" by Mono, "Run" by Collective Soul, the Sex and the City theme song... Lotsa random songs, but such a great reminder of silliness in the high school years. :)
Reading... absolutely nothing. I'm playing this game with my DVR where I try to keep it as close to empty as possible (got it down to 17% at one point last week -- it's back to 45% full now) before February sweeps start. Plus, I have some major knitting projects that I need to try to finish before April. So, both of those activities do not lend to being able to read.  Maybe I should try some audiobooking; does that count as reading? I guess not... I'm even behind in my Us Weekly trash reading!

Sorry for the not so Thursday check in... (More like Saturday backdated to Thursday.) Completely my (Mira) fault!  Jenn actually reminded me at least twice on Thursday to do it, and I did go in and start typing up my portion... but... then I forgot to finish it and it didn't get finished until Saturday. Oops!

2 comments:

burkie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burkie said...

watching: new seasons beginning on my USA network shows, so got see some new White Collar and Royal Pains. also, saw the premier of Smash, which i expect with get its own post by somebody here at some point so i won't go into detail here.
listening/reading: started listening to Jasper Fforde's "Shades of Grey."
and heard my first Florence + The Machine song :)