Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 Resolutions

M: Can't start a new year without resolutions!

Mira: I'm going to try to quantify my goals this year...
1. Netflix: We currently have 120 items on our Watch Instantly queue. Decrease the queue by 20%. (Translation: Watch at least 24 things off of it in completion myself.)
2. Fiction books on bookshelf: Since I failed so miserably at achieving this achievement, I will make an effort in a way that may be achievable.  For every new book purchased, make sure an old unread book is read. (Translation: do not increase the number of unread fiction books on shelf.)
3. Watch and review at least ONE newer release movie each month. (Possible movies: Sherlock Holmes/We Bought a Zoo (Jan); Mirror, Mirror/Hunger Games (Mar/Apr); The Five-Year Engagement (Apr/May); Snow White and the Huntsman (Jun); The Amazing Spider-Man (Jul); Step Up 4 (Jul/Aug); Les Miserables/The Hobbit (Dec)...)

Jennifer:
1. Read Anna Karenina, Middlemarch, and Atlas Shrugged. I've been meaning to read these for years now. I read 38 books last year, so surely I can finish these three! I got the first two for free on Kindle and I own the last already anyway.
2. Repeated from last year - catch up on Breaking Bad. I did watch the pilot last week!
3. Finish watching Angel. I own all 5 seasons on DVD, I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, but for some reason I have never actually watched every episode. Ridiculous!

No comments: