Saturday, February 05, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: Team Stefan!

It's official: Stefan Salvatore is the best vampire boyfriend ever. And also, a really damn good friend.

I think it would have been easy for Stefan to be sort of blandly "good," especially when compared to the deliciously bad and conflicted Damon, but man, he's been in fine form lately. I love love love his friendship with Caroline and how he knew that even though she's a tough vampire now, that she still needed her friends after the horrifying torture she just went through. It was so sweet how he brought over Elena and Bonnie to her house and I totally melted when he mouthed "I love you" to Elena. Seriously, all you delusional Edward Cullen people out there? Meet Stefan Salvatore!

Anyway, I haven't properly blogged on The Vampire Diaries much because it's such a plot driven show and I want people to watch the show from the beginning without being too spoiled. But I'm happy to report that there's been no sophomore slump at all. I'm enjoying the pace at which they're revealing and developing the storyline with Katherine and how it ties in with the werewolves, but I'm also glad that the show has definitely not shied away from the shocking deaths and crazy cliffhangers that have come to define it.

Caroline as a vampire is super fantastic, and I'm loving the addition of new witches and vampires and werewolves to fill out the world. I do wish that poor clueless Matt and Jenna would finally be brought into the secret and that Alaric had more to do but overall I've been really happy with the directions of all the characters. There's just so much going on every week and it's always a blast. I'm glad to see that critics too are finally realizing what a ridiculously entertaining ride this show is. Still the best show you're not watching!

1 comment:

burkie said...

the best vampire boyfriend ever!

that's high praise indeed :)