Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: Game shows

J: Name your top three favorite TV game shows!

Mira: I really don't watch any game shows on a regular basis...
1. Jeopardy: I was really sad that I missed out on the Watson episodes. Secretly (or not so secretly anymore!), I prefer teen and college Jeopardy because there's a better chance of my knowing the answers. :)
2. Cash Cab: Makes me hope that one day I'll accidentally find myself on the show. I love how the lifelines are so perfect for being in a cab; asking random strangers on the street, etc. Plus Jeopardy makes me feel stupid, this game show makes me feel kinda smart (sometimes).

3. Family Feud: Haha, this was fun because it was all about blurting out the best answer you could think of to fit the category.


Jennifer: Um, yeah, I have the same exact list as Mira...evidently we like trivia!
1. Jeopardy. I don't watch it terribly often but it's far and away my favorite and the game show I'd most like to be on!
2. Cash Cab. I like how normal and excited the contestants are.
3. Family Feud. I like the format, obviously, but the only version I really watched regularly was the late 80s/early 90s one with Ray Combs as the host. Occasionally I would watch reruns of the Richard Dawson version and I was always really creeped out by how he kissed all the female contestants...

2 comments:

Fanny said...

1 and 2 are the same for me. I saw the Watson episodes but I didn't really care much for them. I didn't like seeing Ken Jennings do so poorly and they displayed the answers right away, not giving me any time to try and answer them myself! For my #3, it's Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. The only thing I don't like are the contestants who feel the need to explain how they know each and every answer, usually with a really long lame story. I still remember watching the first millionaire winner with Candy! EPICNESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqPJojGqxc

burkie said...

1) Jeopardy. classic, simple, very litle chit-chat.

2) since i've never heard of Cash Cab, i'm going with Who Wants To Be Millionaire. it's chattier than i would prefer, but it was fun and novel (at that time).

3) Hollywood Squares. i know this show has been resurrected a number of times, and it may exist today, but i loved watching the original hosted by Peter Marshall with Paul Lynde in the middle.