Thursday, February 03, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: Singing Along...

M: Top three favorite songs to sing in the shower (or basically when you think/hope no one is listening).

Mira:

1. "Light My Candle," from the Rent soundtrack. One of my best friends from college and I lived in the same hall freshman year and dormed together sophomore year. Since we had communal showers, we would shower at the same time (separately, pervs!) and take advantage of the fantastic acoustics to sing this song together duet-style. It was fantastic-- until others happen to walk into the bathroom while we were belting out the song. :)
2. "Mr. Brightside," by The Killers. I dunno what it is about this song but it makes me want to sing my heart out.
3. Okay, my original number 3 was "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden, truly one of the sappiest songs I like. But after seeing Jenn's list I was reminded that my true number 3 is... "Praise Chorus" by Jimmy Eat World. I just love all the different parts of the song, which to this day I still don't understand, make me really happy and want to belt it out, too...
"Crimson and clover, over and over. / Crimson and clover, over and over. / Our house in the middle of the street, why did we ever meet? / Started my rock 'n roll fantasy. / Don't don't, don't let's start, why did we ever part? / Kick start my rock 'n rollen heart. / I'm on my feet, I'm on the floor, I'm good to go. / So come on Davey, sing me somethin' that I know. / I wanna always feel like part of this was mine. / I wanna fall in love tonight."
Jennifer: I only ever sing in the car...and apparently only to emo songs.
1. "Two Points for Honesty" by Guster
2. "Kill" by Jimmy Eat World (and actually almost all Jimmy Eat World songs)
3. "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional

1 comment:

burkie said...

hey, i rock out all the time! in the shower, in the car, while playing guitar...i've been known to make myself hoarse :)
1) the beginning--and only the beginning--of "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds
2) "World Without Tears" by Lucinda Williams. nobody can sing pain like Lucinda.
3) "Rainy Night In Georgia" by Brooke Benton. one of my all-time favorite recordings.