Thursday, September 07, 2006

Reality roundup

Rock Star Supernova - I'm pretty bummed that Storm was kicked off. She did Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" which I thought was amazing whereas Dilana butchered "I Want You to Want Me" and she's still in? Bah. Anyway, yeah, I'm really not feeling Dilana or Lukas anymore so I'm hoping that either Toby or Magni wins it all. Toby's version of "Mr. Brightside" was kind of underwhelming (which was disappointing because it's one of my favorite songs) but his original was pretty awesome. I think I want to download it, haha.

Project Runway - This week's episode toned down the drama a bit and focused more on the designers working, but it wasn't really all that fun. Good things included: Catherine Malandrino (soooo French and soooo funny), Michael's "sweating like a whore in church" comment, Uli's deadpan "that's quite something" after saying that she wasn't using crazy colors or prints, and Vincent's finally out!!! I was getting really tired of all of his gross "it gets me off" comments and honestly his designs have been mostly mediocre. I was getting a little worried that he was going to somehow make it to the final three, so his getting kicked off was a HUGE relief. As for Jeffrey's win...I'm kind of not that bothered even though he's an ass. His dress was exactly what I've always thought of couture as: crazy and definitely only runway-appropriate but somehow just works. Plus his model Marilinda was really amazing. She's got the right look and attitude to work Jeffrey's aesthetic, which is at least something different and not just "pretty."

Laguna Beach - I had been under the mistaken impression that Breanna was supposed to be a main player in the new season given that she's LC's sister but we've barely seen her until this week. And I can of see why. She's just super immature and has even more of a victim complex than Lauren. I kind of give her credit for taking the initiative to call up Raquel and open up the lines of communication. But her behavior after the lunch and during the party was just lame. And yeah, Rocky might have been a little harsh, but she wasn't anywhere near as horrible as Breanna made her out to be in her conversation with Lexie. And then she was obviously trying really hard to avoid Rocky at the party she invited her to and pretending not to care. LAME! In other news, Kelan was so cute and shy at the awkward date, Rocky's boyfriend Alex seems totally cool, and man is Lexie an ice queen...

No comments: