Monday, August 15, 2005

sky high

I love kids' movies. Most of the time, at least. And in the case of Sky High, most definitely.

Seriously, what a fun movie! I'm happy because it hasn't been super hyped up like many of the other summer blockbusters, so I didn't go into it with any great expectations or anything. I mean, I did glance at rottentomatoes.com before I went (where I saw it was receiving reviews of 66% fresh), but I just went hoping for it to be a fun movie. And boy, did it deliver!

The plotlines were well developed. I love that he was categorized as a "Sidekick" to begin with and thus, made friends with other Sidekicks. I like the straight out of a comic book way of starting and ending the movie. I liked the creative superpowers that were thought up. Melting, glowing, controlling plants, transforming into a guinea pig... Plus it helps that there was a little eye candy (talking Warren Peace)... even if it's a 19 year old I'm talking about here. *sigh* When did I get older than these teen stars?

But, man, that was really fun!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree! This was the one of the best kids' movies I've seen in a long time. I also liked that the whole "heroes of tomorrow must save the world today" conflict was based at school and wasn't some random big robot villain or whatever. And all the characters were really cute! Highly recommended for kids of all ages. Don't be too embarrassed to see this movie!