Friday, August 12, 2005

Jenn's TV awards

It seems to be that time of year where all the TV critics and columnists and such are making up their own TV award lists because the Emmys always suck and they want to have their say. So what the heck, I'm going to do it too. I could probably come up with a million categories but I'll try to restrain myself. So without too much planning (or deep thought), here are my picks:

Best Drama: Veronica Mars, runner up 24

Best Comedy: Arrested Development, runner-ups Entourage and Scrubs

Best Actor: Kiefer Sutherland (24), runner-up Hugh Laurie (House)

Best Actress: Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars), runner-up Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)

Best new show: Veronica Mars, runner-up House

Most aggravating: Lost and Alias (tie)

Most inconsistent: the OC

Favorite couple: Luke and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls), runner-ups Veronica and Logan (Veronica Mars) and Tony and Michelle (24)

My TV boyfriends: Logan (Gilmore Girls) and Logan (Veronica Mars)

Worst son ever: Andrew (Desperate Housewives)

Smartest villain ever: Marwan (24)

Funniest moment: Seth and Summer's Spider-man kiss (the OC)

Funniest character: Chloe (24), runner-ups Ari (Entourage), Dr. Cox (Scrubs)

Why does this character now suck?: Rory (Gilmore Girls), runner-up Seth (the OC)

Prettiest setting: Lost, hands down

Scariest setting: Lost, also hands down

Saddest death: Boone (Lost), runner-up Rex (Desperate Housewives)

Stupidest plotline: Marissa's lesbian experiment (the OC), runner-up the entire Alias season

Best character in an otherwise horrible show: Marshall (Alias), runner-up Bree (Desperate Housewives)

Worst character in an otherwise pretty good show: President Keeler (24), runner-up Kate (Lost)

Most conflicted about: Emily (Gilmore Girls) and Jack (Alias)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you watched any of Battlestar Galactica? It is really really good. I'm definitely gonna get season 1 on DVD. Plus I have all of season 2 so far on my Tivo.

Jennifer said...

I've been intending to for awhile now but I don't know anything about the show and I didn't want to start watching in the middle. If you get the DVDs then I can try to catch up!

mira said...

What a fun post!
I like! I'm gonna be posting on Sky High sometime soon, too. But a little later cuz I wanna keep your post at the top!