Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mythbusters

So I've never really been a fan of non-fiction educational television programming like the History Channel or Biography or whatever, but off a recommendation from the always trusty TWOP, last night I checked out Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel, and wow, what an awesome show!

Maybe it's the engineering geek inside of me, but I thought this was just incredibly fascinating. In each episode, the teams tackle a few modern myths and try to prove or disprove them using actual science and a poor dummy named Buster (I know, it's cheesy). I watched two episodes yesterday and they included such myths as using a life raft as a parachute, pilots being decapitated during flight because of their hair products, and saving yourself in a free-falling elevator by jumping just before hitting the ground (all busted). The hosts are Adam and Jamie, who have worked in special effects for movies such as Star Wars and the Matrix, and they both make everything really funny. Man, working in fx sounds like it would be super fun. Haha, maybe that should be my new dream job...

Anyway, if you ever find yourself with nothing to do on Wednesday night at 9PM (unlikely once the fall TV schedule begins, since both Lost and Veronica Mars will be in that timeslot) check out Mythbusters!

No comments: