So here are some reasons why I think the Golden Globes > any other award show:
- It doesn't live off of controversy (à la MTV awards shows), but doesn't take itself too seriously either.
- It doesn't have 9-10 nominees for ONE category; I'm still really angry at the Oscars for changing the Best Picture nominees category. At least the Golden Globes split the categories.
- TV *and* Movies! I watch and love both!
- Because the Golden Globes separates Comedy/Musical from Drama in so many of the categories, you don't end up with only the typical award show-type of nominees. You get some movies/shows that are actually more mainstream.
- No random musical numbers to fast forward through. (Okay, other people – my husband included – may like the musical numbers, but I can do without 'em.)
- Specific to this year (and last) only, but... Tina Fey, Amy Poehler > James Franco, Anne Hathaway (sorry!)
Since I didn't post before the Golden Globes, what I loved about this year's show:
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
- Anne Hathaway winning for her AMAZING performance in Les Misérables
- Kristin Wiig (who's name is pronounced way differently than I thought) and Will Ferrell on their rambling but amusing Best Female Supporting Actress Film nomination presentation.
- Kristen Bell and her baby bump!
- Jennifer Lawrence (or J-Law) thanking her brothers for being mean to her
- Jennifer Garner finishing Ben Affleck's thank you speech for him. Adorable!! (He was talking so fast that I doubt the people he actually remembered to thank even heard what he said.)