Friday, November 23, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 47

Mira: 
Watching... Saw Skyfall in the theaters yesterday with Korean subtitles that I could mostly ignore except when I wasn't sure what was said. :)  Enjoyed it, but now it definitely makes me want to go back and rewatch the older 007 movies.  Also confused how Daniel Craig has within the span of a couple of years played "young Bond" and now "over the hill Bond."
Reading... So I'm traveling again, which means I spend lots of time reading on my Kindle.  As a result, I actually finished the 50 Shades series, which I surprisingly enjoyed more than I expected.  It took me quite a while to get into it (started book 1 in August and then put it aside because it wasn't keeping my attention), but by the end I was surprisingly interested in the layers of the main characters.  Definitely not high-quality lit or anything, but the author was at least good at keeping the character development going and consistent throughout the books, I think.  My only complaint was that there was one loose end at the end of the series (really tiny, and not integral to the storyline at all but enough to bother me).
Listening... Nothing!

Jennifer: Late again...sorry!
Watching... Keeping up with Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project, both of which I'm still enjoying. Also almost done with season 2 of Game of Thrones.
Reading... Nothing right now. Thinking about starting Anna Karenina again since I kinda want to watch the new Keira Knightley movie version.
Listening... Just old stuff on my iPod, mostly while running.

No comments: