Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 34

Jennifer:
Watching... The web series Dating Rules From My Future Self. Apparently my attention span and free time has decreased to the point where I can only watch 5 minute webisodes? The first season starred Shiri Appleby and the second season has Candice Accola (from The Vampire Diaries). Dumb but cute and fun.
Listening... I've mentioned Passion Pit multiple times but this week's obsession is It's Not My Fault, I'm Happy.
Reading... Chipping away at Swamplandia! and A Clash of Kings.

Mira:
Watching... What a coincidence; I was going to write about a web series this week, too! I'm also caught up on the one Jenn mentioned above and was looking into other web series and came across this one: The Lizzie Bennett Diaries. It's a mash up of videoblogs and other social media to provide a modern day reselling of Pride and Prejudice.
Listening... My iPod wakes me up every morning with the same playlist in the same order... "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men, "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party, "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton, "The Shining" by Badly Drawn Boy, "The High Road" by Broken Bells, "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen.... Then I usually actually get up. Well, sometimes.
Reading... Rereading the Twilight series, embarrassingly enough. Mostly because I caved to curiosity and bought 50 Shades of Grey. A few chapters in and I couldn't shake the feeling that it was basically the same as Twilight but somehow less enjoyable. I felt like it had a distinctively British writing tone for a book set in the Seattle/Portland area and... I dunno. Not on that bandwagon. So, I decided to give the vampire series another try and am enjoying it much more. Halfway through book 3.

No comments: