Friday, June 29, 2007

SYTYCD follow-up

So since I posted on So You Think You Can Dance yesterday, it's only fitting that I comment on what happened on the results show last night...

I was pretty shocked. First of all, Shauna and Cedric--not in the bottom 3. I guess I should have seen the sympathy votes coming, but that's really a shame, because Jesus ended up getting kicked off instead. Yes, his solo was somewhat mediocre, but now I'm kind of confused about the judging. I know they call the solos "dancing for your life" but I always thought that the dancer's past performances were taken into consideration as well. I mean, for the past two weeks the judges have been weighing Cedric's strong solo performances against his weak partner performances. But this week they made it sound like they based their decision ONLY on the solos. So even though Jesus has been solid, even impressive, every week so far, while Neil has been inconsistent...Jesus is gone??

As for the girls...I don't know what to think here either. Like I said yesterday I was never a fan of Jessi, and her solo yesterday was truly blah, but the whole hospitalization thing sort of mucks it all up. Was she really judged on her solo or did her health play more of a part? She seemed really shocked and pretty pissed off when Nigel said she was out.

So this leads to a Pasha-Sara pairing for the next episode (which we have to wait two weeks for, argh) which could be really interesting or a recipe for disaster...

No comments: