Tuesday, September 27, 2005

what I hate about Gilmore Girls

I hate that I've been waiting for years for Luke and Lorelai to get together but at the same time that happened I started despising Rory with a passion.

I hate that Logan is ridiculously hot but he's with Rory, who doesn't deserve him.

I hate that I've been progressively been getting more and more annoyed with the Stars Hollow townspeople but whenever they're not in an episode that just means there's more Rory.

I hate that they tried to make Rory a little more human by having someone tell her that she's not perfect and she totally overreacts and drops out of school but now she's just back to being perfect at everything she does. When it turned out that she had won over her fellow community-service trash people I wanted to barf. It's like when Joey won over the bikers at the tough bar by singing. Never mind her fitting in perfectly at the DAR and getting along perfectly with the senior citizens.

So yeah, in a nutshell, I HATE RORY.

2 comments:

mira said...

I'm sorry I'm slacking on my part of this page! But in any case, I didn't realize it until this past episode -- Lane's been missing! Anyway, I'm only halfway through it so I'm gonna go back to my TV. I'll do a few posts soon, I promise!

Anonymous said...

My problem is not with Rory, though yeah, she's definitely annoying. (The DAR stuff made her look like a complete tool. Nay, a whole toolshed.) My problem is that the story is getting in the way of the show. There are a gazillion shows other on TV, and the storyline is not what makes this show unique. It's the humor, the wit, and the characters' interactions.
OK, it's not that a good story isn't important, but with Rory and Lorelai not talking, and without any sort of tension between Lorelai and [insert name of guy here], there's just almost no opportunity for the show to be entertaining. Not entertaining + annoying characters = bad.