Tuesday, September 06, 2005

red eye

Perhaps I just have a huge crush on Rachel McAdams because of the fact that I've heard she plays Ultimate Frisbee. Or maybe she's just really hot. Well, she's hot, but yeah I think it's the Ultimate Frisbee. In any case, it was nice to FINALLY see her in a role where she's not playing a cheater (The Notebook, Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers).

I enjoyed Red Eye. But I went in only expecting face value of an action-thriller. Cillian Whatshisface is really creepy. I feel like he's typecasted for creepy roles for life. First Batman Begins, now this. But he's good at it, seriously. Between his girly lips and his eyes -- his crazy pale blue eyes. There's something very disconcerting about him.

Anyway, I have been enjoying the versatility of Rachel McAdam's roles. Playing Queen-Bee-Bitch, playing cute-and-spontaneous-blonde, playing tragically-in-love-auburn-haired, and now playing strong-extremely-put-together-asskicking-brunette-ish-haired. And I love that she promotes Ultimate Frisbee. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ebert and roeper gave it two thumbs.

sweet, ultimate publicity. yay!!!