Thursday, October 04, 2012

Check in Thursdays: Week 40

Jennifer:
Watching... Surprisingly I really liked the pilot of Last Resort, even though the premise is rather preposterous. Andre Braugher is always amazing and there are some nice surprises in the cast, like Scott Speedman (Ben from Felicity!), Dichen Lachman (Sierra from Dollhouse), and Autumn Reeser. The story gets spread out among quite a lot of characters and settings but the pilot juggled them pretty well. I have no clue where this can all go but it was interesting enough for me to want to check it out again.
Listening... New Matt & Kim album! It's Alright and Let's Go among others. Also, starting a new audiobook: How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr.
Reading... Same as it's been for weeks now: A Clash of Kings and From a Small Island. I may abandon them for awhile to re-read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for the umpteenth time though...an article at NPR gave me the itch!

Mira:
Watching... Excited that Revenge is back! I know it's super soapy, but it's just so... twisty and exciting and fun in all the right ways.
Listening... So I had been actively not posting about "Gangnam Style" by Psy, but now it's turning up on the local radio stations, too! And a surprisingly large number of my coworkers have no idea what it is -- internet sensation, tv sensation, iTunes chart sensation and all!
Reading... Finished the Condie books and trying to get myself to finish The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

1 comment:

burkie said...

sorry, have been out of town every thursday of the last month!

watching...Castle! not only has the new season started, but now the first season is showing on USA. yay!
listening....okay, i am one of those who had never heard of Gangnam Style until this week, so mira sent me video. catchy, cute. i like the Oregon Duck's version :)
reading...just picked up jasper fforde's latest Thursday Next novel, "The Woman Who Died A Lot." was planning to, finally, tackle barbara kinsolver's "The Poisonwood Bible" but that's going to have to wait.

jenn, i love bryson and "Notes from a Small Island" is my favorite!