Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: Next year

J: What are the top three things you are looking forward to in 2012?

Jennifer:
1. Downton Abbey - Season 2 starts January 8 and runs for 7 glorious weeks!
2. Game of Thrones - I managed to snag a cable promotional deal that includes HBO so I'll be able to catch up with season 1 on demand and watch season 2 in the spring too. Also I read the first book this year and I bought the next three to read on my new Kindle Touch!
3. The Hunger Games - It better be good! Not so happy about the casting of Peeta but who knows, I could be surprised.

Mira:
1. Switched at Birth: A surprise hit for all of us on this blog, it comes back early January! (It leads into Jane by Design, which I plan on checking out, too.)
2. The Hobbit: Of course, there's always that chance that it could get delayed from its December opening date and end up premiering in 2013... Hopefully not!
3. The Superbowl, cuz the Ravens will be playing in it! Short of that, I'd have to say the real number one for my list is also The Hunger Games but I'm trying not to get myself over-hyped about it!

1 comment:

burkie said...

1) The Hobbit, definitely.
2) The Hour, my new favorite noir drama on BBC (santa was kind and brought me a stack of noir movies this year).
3) tie: The Chalk Girl, a new Mallory novel by Carol O'Connell. the last one was 2006, and i'm almost recovered from it) and No Mark Upon Her, the latest Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James mystery by Deborah Crombie. i love these two series.