Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: Currently listening to...

J: Keeping it simple this week. What are your current top three favorite songs?

Jennifer: I've been on an electronic music kick lately!
1. M83 - We Own the Sky. M83 just came out with a new album but this song is from their last one. Love the video too!
2. Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith - Not in Love. I think I've been listening to this song once a day for the last month...
3. Lykke Li - Tonight. I will fully admit that I first heard this song on So You Think You Can Dance...

Mira: Unlike Jenn, I'm pretty much all pop. :)

1. Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall. I hated them for "Clocks" but "Viva la Vida" turned me around and I love this song in the same exact way..
2. Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars and Eminem - Lighters. I like songs with lotsa different elements to them.
3.  Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks. Something very... chill about this song.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mira, I'm proud, Foster the People is kind of an indie band (even though Pumped Up Kicks has been everywhere this summer)! Hm, I think that Coldplay song is kind of blah, which I guess makes sense because I liked Clocks and really hated Viva la Vida....

burkie said...

I've been on a me his kick lately, so:
1) Memphis, by Marcy Playground. Yes, you read that correctly :)
2) Back to Memphis, by Levon Helm
3) From Galway To Memphis, by Richard Thompson

burkie said...

Oops! I meant "from Galway to Graceland"

Fanny said...

1. Lana Del Rey - Video Games [Club Clique For The Bad Girls Remix]. One of my friends put this on my playlist and I've had it on replay for quite some time.

2. Ivy Yan - Three Inches of Heaven. It's the closing theme song for this Chinese drama I recently finished. The lyrics are very tragic. I've been a little bit obsessed with it for over a month.

3.Theophilus London - I Stand Alone. Great song to dance around the house to.