Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thursday Top Threes: Brought back to life

J: The Internet has been buzzing yet again about the possibility of an Arrested Development movie. I'm doubtful about whether this will actually happen but it leads to my question for this week: what are your top three defunct TV shows that you would love to come back in a feature film?

Jennifer: (I guess I am just answering my own question this week...)
1. The Nine Lives of Chloe King. Mira and I were pretty into this show and were really bummed when it was cancelled. I feel like this story would have been really fun as an ABCFamily original movie but unfortunately that's never going to happen because the series failed.
2. Pushing Daisies - Did this show get a real ending? I think that the setting and visual style of this show would translate really well to a movie.
3. Lone Star - One of the most promising pilots last year that crashed and burned FAST. People were questioning its long-term viability as a series, probably because the premise was really just better suited for a movie.

1 comment:

burkie said...

jenn, as long as you're not answering yourself out loud, you're okay ;)

1) The Pretender. lots of intrigue in this show, which works well when going from small screen to big.

2) Beauty and the Beast. an iconic '80s show with ron perlman and linda hamilton and and underground culture in the new york subways. when hamilton left the show, it lost too much and was canceled.

3) Gargoyles. in don't normally care for animation, but i like gargoyles and thought disney series was fun.