J: Watching the Royal Wedding last week (loved it!) got me thinking about wedding movies. What are your top three wedding movies (or just wedding scenes)?
Mira: Great question, Jenn... and hard! :)
1. My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I haven't seen this movie in ages, but a really fun one that well captures the craziness of family.
2. Bride Wars. A little strong on the bridezilla aspect of weddings, but I enjoyed watching the two brides create competing "perfect weddings."
3. Rachel Getting Married. Maybe I just like Anne Hathaway. But I thought this wedding was so kooky. Lotsa movies (especially Bollywood ones) do Indian movies but this Indian-themed wedding was just so... random!
1. The Wedding Singer - I'm not even really an Adam Sandler fan but this was the first thing that came to mind. The 80s references were kind of out of control but overall very funny and sweet.
2. Monsoon Wedding - Half in English and half in Hindi, a really fascinating and fun movie about the craziness of a big Indian wedding.
3. Wedding scene from The Sound of Music - It was so formal and elaborate with all the bowing and such but then the nuns are singing "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" in the background. Odd but rather memorable combination.