J: Top three sequels you liked better than the original.
1. Before Sunset - sequel to Before Sunrise. I love the first, but the second is even better. Nine years pass between the films and the actors and characters have both grown up. Not a lot happens but really great dialogue.
2. Step Up 2: The Streets. I don't even remember the first one, but I LOVED this sequel. (I thought the third one was just ok but maybe that's because I saw it in 3D and it was like sensory overload.) The story's predictable and the script and acting are kinda bad but the dancing is fantastic.
3. Spider-Man 2 and the Dark Knight (tie): The villains in these sequels were what made them better than the originals. Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2 was actually complex and almost relatable and of course Heath Ledger was fantastic as the Joker in the Dark Knight.
1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: I think this book is my favorite of the entire series. Yes, I know it's not the true sequel since it's number 3, but.... that's how I'm interpreting the question this week!
2. I have to agree with Jenn on Step Up 2 the Streets. I do remember the first one, and it's plain cheesy and cringeworthy throughout. The second one is far better than the first and the dancing is excellent. Though it does have its cringeworthy moments... Still, the second one was way, way, way better than the original.
3. I'm going with a video game here: Chrono Cross. There are not that many video games that I play, really, and this is the only RPG that I've ever played from start to end. In truth, I have not played much of Chrono Trigger, the first one, but the little I have played just didn't captivate me the way Chrono Cross did. Haha, now I want to go and replay it!