Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Talk: Sports, Part 2

J: Earlier this year, Mira asked about favorite sporting events. This time around, what are your favorite sports-themed movies, TV shows, books, etc?

Jennifer: I'm definitely not a sports person but I enjoy my fair share of sports-themed fictional entertainment. Of course there's The Cutting Edge...I've watched that movie countless times and can probably quote most of it. I also like various other girly sports movies like Bend it like Beckham, Stick it, A League of their Own, Bring it On, etc. On TV, obviously Friday Night Lights (I actually finally learned the rules of football because of this show) and Make it or Break it (although it got really bad at the end of last season). I can't think of any books...unless you count Quidditch through the Ages?

Mira: Ooh, I like this question and it's funny because Burkie and I were just talking about this the other day. I love most football movies -- Remember the Titans, Little Giants, Varsity Blue, Jerry Maguire, The Blind Side, and I remember enjoying Friday Night Lights (movie version; but tv show is great, too!)... Um, I also loved other sports movies in general: Rookie of the Year, Angels in the Outfield, The Sandlot, Cool Runnings, Cutting Edge, MIGHTY DUCKS!!! Um, okay, so I like movies about sports. But yes, I pick Mighty Ducks (1, 2, 3) as my pick for this week's Thursday Talk. And ahem, Jenn, I think that I'd like to take credit for teaching you the rules of football!!! The TV show just reinforced what I told you. :P

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha, Mira, I didn't say that I learned the rules of football FROM Friday Night Lights, it was BECAUSE of the show that I had interest. You can definitely take credit for teaching me!

burkie said...

Friday Night Lights, both movie and TV show, is great (the book probably is, too, but i haven't read it). i also really like Jerry Maguire, A League of their Own, Field of Dreams, and Rocky. also, a big shoutout to Brian's Song. i know everybody is supposed to love Raging Bull and Bull Durham (the fact that they both contain the word "bull" is coincidental) but i really didn't enjoy them that much. oh, and i really liked Whip It :)