Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday Talk: Canceled Already?

M: With a few shows already hitting the chopping blocks, what's a show that you're sad to see going (or on its way out) this season? (Realize that we had a similar question earlier this year about shows that ended too early...) What show are you surprised to see going so strong?

Jennifer: I haven't picked up too many new shows this season, but I was really disappointed (but not surprised) to see Lone Star get cancelled after only two episodes. It's really a shame because the critics really loved it and I definitely wanted to see where it was going. As for shows that I'm surprised are doing well...I guess Hawaii Five-O? But then again I don't watch procedurals or cop shows...

Mira: I'm a bit disappointed to see that Outlaw got canceled already. I kinda liked the premise of a mavericky former Supreme Court Justice, played by Jimmy Smits, taking cases that seem random but actually all hold meaning for him. Jesse Bradford was interesting as the recent Ivy League grad who thought he was getting a job with the Supreme Court Justice but ended up getting something far below his standards; the blond chick who is a lawyer afraid of public speaking and in love with her boss; the chick from Popular, Carly Pope?, as a pretend badass private eye (not quite Kalinda from The Good Wife but good in her own way)... I liked it! I am surprised by how much I like Hawaii Five-O, personally, so given that, I'm not surprised it's doing well. I'm more surprised that The Whole Truth hasn't been canceled yet but perhaps that's just a matter of days. The premise of No Ordinary Family is great but it definitely has its really annoying moments so I'm wondering if it will last, too...

1 comment:

burkie said...

i'm not sure that i'm surprised by any of the cancellations, and certainly not disappointed about any of them. of those already canceled, Outlaw was the only one that i might have watched one day. i like Jimmy Smits. i'm not sure if Nikita is doing well or not, but since Jen, Kevin, and Mira all seem to like it, i'm going to guess that's it is. I thought that multiple movies and TV shows might have exhausted the premise, but i guess not. it has a different twist than the previous versions, and the episoded i saw wasn't bad. i hope it makes it.