Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thursday Talk Week 16

J: What are some of your favorite non-fiction TV shows (i.e. news, talk, educational, how-to, etc. but not "reality" like Survivor or Real Housewives)?

Jennifer: I definitely have enough TV to watch with my scripted shows and reality competitions but if I'm bored and flipping through the channels, I'll tune into cooking shows on the Food Network (my favorite is Ina Garten but I'll watch nearly anyone besides Paula Deen, Sandra Lee, or Emeril) or America's Test Kitchen on PBS. I also like Mythbusters, What Not to Wear, and Dog Whisperer.

Mira: We watch a lot of Holmes on Homes, about a guy who goes and fixes all the bad jobs contractors do on people's homes. Russ recently got me to watch a few episodes of Life, but my favorite part of it are the last few minutes where they show all the crazy places the cameramen go to get the cool nature shots. Like drilling a hole through an iceberg and getting into freeeeezing cold water to get shots of the creatures underneath... Other than that, I prefer fiction and I prefer competition shows...

3 comments:

K said...

Definitely Planet Earth and Life. Top Gear is another fav.

burkie said...

easy: the NFL Draft :)

Fanny said...

I like Life, Nature, Naked Science, Amazing Wedding Cakes, Globe Trekker [only when Megan McCormick is the host]and No Reservations [I don't know why, but I really like the intro where it goes "Noooooo Reservationss uhhh"].