Thursday, April 15, 2010

T^2: Crushes

M: Who is your biggest fictional crush? Who is your biggest celebrity crush?

Mira: I pick Jim from The Office for my fictional character. I love him and Pam (I may have mentioned that a time or two on this blog). I don't watch the show but I love, love, love them so much! Enough that I sometimes wish I were Pam! So yes, I think that fully qualifies Jim as my biggest fictional crush. :)

For celebrity crush, I pick Michael Vartan. I loved him as Vaughn (the first few seasons) on Alias. I loved him as the school teacher in Never Been Kissed. I think he's extremely good looking but in a nice guy looking way. AND he's half French and fluent in it. But I say this with a 5-10 year younger than right now version of him in my head. I have no idea how he's aged and what he looks like now, nor do I know what he's doing or been in recently.

Jennifer: For fictional character, my pick is Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables books. I was briefly tempted to say someone like Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice) or Captain Wentworth (Persuasion) or John Thornton (North & South), but as Anne Shirley came to realize, you might think you're looking for those brooding, romantic heroes, but in the end what you really want is someone who belongs in your life. Gilbert is smart and practical and hard working but has a great sense of humor and can even be kind of snarky. I love love love Jonathan Crombie's portrayal in the Anne of Green Gables miniseries and the sequel. Gilbert is more of a lifelong, nostalgic kind of thing though, so my current fictional crush is Sawyer on Lost. I'm way behind, still in the middle of season 5 but I'm just really loving him right now. He's always been hot and witty and one of the only consistently likable characters on the show but I just watched the episodes where he's stuck in the 70s and he's just awesome.

As for celebrity? My celebrity crushes kind of turn over quickly because they're mostly actors and it depends on what roles they're playing. I guess some crushes that have lasted include Jake Gyllenhaal, Ethan Hawke, Joshua Jackson, Jonny Lee Miller, James McAvoy, Richard Armitage, Christian Bale, Colin Firth? I can't really think of any one that trumps the others...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that if you actually watched the Office you might not like Jim or Pam quite as much as you do. So maybe it's a good thing you don't!

burkie said...

does anime count?

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!! REALLY!!!!!

i'm too old for crushes so i gotta go waaay back. for fictional, it was Catwoman (especially as portrayed by Julie Newmar in the tv show). for celebrity, it was Susan St. James when she was on the tv show "McMillan & Wife." she played the wife of san francisco police chief McMillan, who was played by Rock Hudson. i know you guys don't know that show or Susan St. James, so you'll have to google her. i may be the only person who ever had a crush on her, but there you go.