Monday, February 05, 2007

one word for Top Design: eh

Just wanted to note quickly that I checked out Bravo's latest competitive reality show, Top Design. And....it's no Project Runway or even Top Chef.

I mean, first of all, HGTV already did this reality show, it was called Design Star, and I didn't like that one much either. But here, Todd Oldham is some kind of weird meld between Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum and his voice was kind of driving me nuts. The judges all seem kind of bitchy (has anyone ever even heard of Elle Decor magazine?) and I don't know, I just can't get excited about interior design. Truthfully, I never thought I could get excited about fashion either before Project Runway, but one episode of that and I was hooked. Here? Not so much. I'll probably watch a few more episodes (this is the problem with having a DVR, watching bad TV is entirely too easy) before I make my final judgment, but honestly it's not looking that good.

No comments: