Friday, June 02, 2006

x3

This is going to be short, cuz I don't want to spoil anything for Jenn in case she hasn't seen it yet and plans on going to watch it. I super enjoyed X-Men 3: The Last Stand simply at face value. And my new favorite character is definitely Kitty Pryde, who I think Iceman should end up with over Rogue. While I'm not really sure if this is intended to be the final of the movie series (because it was left off with some ambiguity) enough changed in this movie to make the future ones very different. Ie. the questionable return of *many* of the key characters from the first 3 movies.

My only complaint is, there was never much or any development of WHY the X-Men chose to side against Magneto and protect the "non-mutants," in this fight between mutants vs. humans. Usually there is a very clear-cut distinction, in why Magneto is going after his purpose against the humans, and why the X-Men feel there is a less-violent way to achieve a similar purpose. In the case of this movie, I simply didn't buy that the X-Men should simply protect the humans. I also was hoping for more development on Archangel's character.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for not spoiling =) I think that my expectations have been sufficiently lowered so I might actually enjoy it!