A few more reasons I'll watch:
- Two former Olympians that I like: Dorothy Hamill and Aly Raisman.
- Dancing genre expansion: Contemporary and Jazz (I'm not sure how I feel about those additions actually, since it seems like it'd be pretty tough without quality technical training, but surprisingly the few contemporary numbers on the first night were actually okay!)
- A So You Think You Can Dance alumna: Lindsay Arnold (not actually my favorite from the show, but it's still great to see these additional opportunities open up for former SYTYCDers!)
Limitations to why I don't love the show:
- The judges: I feel like I can only handle so much of Len and Bruno...
- I don't really understand the elimination process: judge scoring and audience votes? How do the two really factor into everything? I don't actually care enough to research either, but I do know that I haven't figured it out from the episodes I've watched.
- The loss of So You Think You Can Dance alumna Chelsea Hightower (she is one of my favorite SYTYCDers)
- The Bachelor Sean Lowe being on the show. Seriously, doesn't the guy want a break from reality TV? Seriously?!