Saturday, December 22, 2012

J: Books of 2012

Wow, it was not a good year for reading. My count for 2011 was 38 books, this year it's less than half that. I was caught up in other things - training for a half-marathon and now a marathon, preparing for a 6-day backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon, weddings, etc. All the running did increase my audiobook count though.

I'm not going to name favorites, because honestly, if I finished it, it means I really liked it (*with two exceptions). I didn't have the time or patience to finish something I wasn't into.
  1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
  2. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
  3. Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James
  4. Emily, Alone by Stewart O'Nan
  5. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  7. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
  8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  9. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
  10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  11. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
  12. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
  13. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
  14. A Wrinkle in Time: The Graphic Novel by Hope Larson
  15. **Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Audiobooks
  1. *How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
  2. The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall
  3. The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
  4. *Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
  5. The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall
  6. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
  7. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
  8. Bossypants by Tina Fey
  9. **Heist Society by Ally Carter
* I liked most of How I Live Now but it eventually got really weird. Incarceron I kind of hated. But it's a lot easier for me to slog through an audiobook than a regular one...
** Hoping to finish before the end of the year.

No comments: