Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My favorites of 2007

Pretty much everyone who blogs about anything entertainment related likes to make "Best of" lists at the end of the year, but I don't think I'm really qualified to do that. I mean, I've probably only watched a total of less than 10 movies in theaters this year, I haven't been keeping up with new music very much as I would have liked, and the truth is that with the exception of TV, I'm just not a very immediate consumer of media. So these are my "favorites" and not "bests" of 2007.

TV
1. Friday Night Lights (season 1)
2. Gossip Girl
3. So You Think You Can Dance
4. 30 Rock (just caught up and realized how much it RULES)
5. Mad Men and Damages (tie)

Movies
1. Once
2. The Namesake
....aaaand I didn't see anything else that I found worth mentioning

Songs (released in 2007)
1. Blonde Redhead - 23
2. Arcade Fire - No Cars Go
3. Radiohead - All I Need
4. Tegan and Sara - The Con
5. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends

Songs (released before 2007 because most things get to me late)
1. Lavender Diamond - You Broke My Heart
2. Mates of State - For the Actor
3. Midlake - Roscoe
4. The Album Leaf - Always for You
5. Bright Eyes - I Will Be Grateful for this Day

Books (read in 2007, not necessarily released in 2007)
1. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
3. Encylopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krause Rosenthal
4. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
5. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

Misc.
1. North & South on DVD
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 8 comics
3. Wonderfalls on DVD
4. Jane Eyre on Masterpiece Theatre
5. All things Anthony Bourdain

No comments: