Friday, November 17, 2006

Gilmore Girls - the stupid proprosal episode

I wasn't even going to waste space on this horrible episode, but at least there was some Lane and Zack in it. Luke was so adorable being protective of Lane, and Mrs. Kim was awesome as usual. Mrs. Kim moving in with them might seem a bit horrifying to a lot of people, but my grandmother lived with my family all throughout my childhood so it doesn't really seem weird to me at all. Personally I think Lane and Zack are going to need all the help they can get. Again, I hate this storyline, but they continue to handle it well. Oh and how funny was the scene with Brian and the Koreans?

The rest of the episode was just dreck. Lorelai, who are you and what are you doing? She had that same look at the end of the episode that she did at the end of the finale last season when she woke up in bed with Christopher. If you know that this isn't right, then why are you contining to go along with it? I have to say, I think I feel a little bad for Christopher. I think a breakup is inevitable (or maybe that's just the Luke/Lorelai shipper in me in denial), and poor Chris, who's really into this relationship and making it work finally, is going to get shafted yet again.

And geez, can someone fire the CW's promo people? Do you not understand that most people really don't care about Lorelai and Christopher and billing this as a very special "The Proposal" episode makes people just want to hurl? Even Lorelai/Christopher fans have to admit that they aren't exactly the fairy-tale couple that you'd expect this kind of promotion for. UGH.

No comments: