Wednesday, December 14, 2005

pride & prejudice

I had a lot of reservations going into watching this movie. I love, love, LOVE the BBC 5-hour miniseries version. Jenn knows this very well, as she introduced this to me at 1AM some evening back in the day. And I stayed up through 6AM watching it. Plus, Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennett? I definitely didn't see how that could work.

I was dead wrong.

She was surprisingly extremely well-fit for the role. As was Rosamund Pike as Jane Bennett, and basically EVERYONE in their roles. I thought there could be no better Mr. Darcy than Colin Firth, and though he's still my #1 Mr. Darcy, Matthew MacFadyen is a close second.

They managed to condense this long book, long miniseries, into a 2.5 hour movie. And they did it excellently. I didn't feel like it was choppy or missing stuff. They added some artistic touches to it, some cute scenes not brought up in the book or other small/big-screen adaptations.

Seriously, I loved it! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!!!

No comments: