Sunday, December 18, 2005

narnia!

Weeeeeee~ The great thing about being home is finally getting to watch all the good English movies again. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Korean soap operas and movies as much as the next Korean-loving person. But it sucks when you're overseas and missing out on quality movies like NARNIA!

That was seriously funnnnnnnnnn stuff. I haven't read the book, oh, in 14 years or so? So I only remembered the vague outlines of the storyline but the movie was almost exactly as I imagined the book to be. Except I thought that Peter and Susan would be older than me since I read the book when they actually WERE older than me. I thought watching talking animals would be weird, but they made the transition into seeing talking animals surprisingly smooth. And I super duper loved the Beaver family.

Older, I had always heard about how C.S. Lewis was very Christian and how his writings were usually about religion or allegorical in some way. Of course having read the entire Narnia series as a kid, I never really caught onto that until I saw the movie yesterday. Aslan's sacrifice of himself for Edmund? Aslan's rebirth? Edmund as sinner turned saint? There was a lot more. But craziness!

Anyway, GREAT movie. I'm so happy when great books are turned into such awesome movie adaptations. :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Haha sadly enough I'm in the States but I still don't have people to watch movies with and I'm kind of falling behind. Sigh...