Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24 revs up again

So, season after season, I've been wondering how and why they've allowed Curtis to survive when he basically does nothing, and yesterday I got my answer. I can't say I was surprised at his death, but man was the way he went shocking. And follow that up with an actual nuclear bomb going off in LA? I have to say, after 5 seasons it's hard to think of ways to make things fresh and this is definitely one: come in with the crisis already in full swing.

Oh, Jack. Poor, poor Jack. How funny/sad/awesome was it that his first word after 20 months of silence was "Audrey"? She is SO Jack's One. True. Love. It's been assumed that she'll appear sometime this season (which to me seems even more likely now that the Nine has been shelved) and I feel like this has gotta be confirmation. Throw the man a bone, even if it's near the very end. I love that they're giving Jack a crisis of faith this season. He's always been the ruthless executor, but now he's beaten down and rightfully so. We've already seen a difference in his actions and I hope that we continue to see a glimmer of that throughout the season.

So Wayne Palmer is now President? An interesting bit of continuity but still a pretty bizarre choice. Oddly enough I still see him as Principal Wood even though he's been on 24 way longer than he was on Buffy. Can't stand Lennox. Why are there always irritating people in the White House? Love that Karen Hayes and Bill Buchanan are now married. Gotta love that wedding ring shot (just like they did with Tony and Michelle, RIP).

Of course we get saddled with yet another terror teen. I'm not sure why they chose Kal Penn for the role, I feel like he's too recognizable. And too old to be playing a teenager. And Indian. No matter, I guess, though, since he's dead already. His frenemy was the kid from Sky High though!

And of course, there's the heart of all things, CTU. Is it just me that didn't remember that Morris is British? I guess I just don't remember anything about his appearance from last season other than the strangeness of his existence. He's funny though. I was kind of confused/annoyed by Milo's sudden reappearance, but the scene where Chloe (in classic blunt Chloe style) explains his and Morris' mutual jealousy of eachother and tells them to get over it was awesome. Go Chloe!

Burning question, where's Aaron Pierce, best Secret Service agent ever?

No comments: